How do I sign up for a group lesson?
- You can register online www.ryeartscenter.org or over the phone (914) 967-0700.
How do I sign up for a private lesson?
- Call the Main Office or Music Director (ext. 23). Let us know what days and times work best for your schedule. Also let us know how many years you have been playing, if you have any instrument and/or teacher preferences. Teachers are here on specific days, Monday- Saturday. You can then register for a trial lesson so you can meet the instructor and become familiar with his or her teaching style.
What days and times do you offer Music lessons?
- Music Lessons are offered, once a week, Monday-Friday from 9:00 am – 7:30 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am-2:00 pm.
- The Rye Arts Center follows the Rye City School District calendar with holidays and weather-related closures. Please check our website for any updates.
How much is a trial lesson?
Private (30 minutes) $48.00
Semi-Private (45 minutes) $67.50
Piano Pals/Guitar Pals (30 minutes) $49.00
Suzuki (30 minutes) $50.00
What do I bring to a trial lesson?
- Please bring any music material you have previously worked on and your instrument. If you do not have an instrument we have certain instruments available for use.
What is the next step if I want to continue with Music lessons?
- If you would like to continue your music lesson for that day and time please let the Main Office and/or Music Director know. They will let you know about our Music School policies, rates and payment options.
What if I decide not to continue?
- If you wish not to continue, please let the Main Office and/or Music Director know so we can make that day/time available for future use. We would also be happy to set up another trial with another instructor.
Where can I buy Music materials?
- All members of The Rye Arts Center receive discounts at the following stores:
Greenwich Music (Riverside www.greenwichmusic.com) 10% off music books and sheet music
Do I have to commit to a whole school year?
- Our lesson program is designed to run for the school year (September – June). Students are welcome to sign up at any time throughout the year and lessons will be pro-rated accordingly.
What if I need to withdraw before the end of the school year?
- If you need to withdraw before June we ask for three weeks notice. We will gladly refund the balance of the tuition. Students who withdraw without proper notification will be charged a three lesson withdraw fee.
What is your cancellation policy?
- 24 hour notice is required to reschedule or to receive a make up a lesson. Up to three makeup lessons can be scheduled for student absences per school year, depending on the date of enrollment. If a student cancels a makeup lesson, it cannot be rescheduled.
- Last minute or same day cancellations with NOT receive a makeup lesson.
Can the instructor come to our home to teach?
- All lessons take place in our facility. For insurance and safety purposes we do not send teachers to the home.
How can I learn more about a specific instructor?
- On our home page is a link to our Music School brochure which gives bios on our instructors.