How do I sign up for a group lesson?
- You can register online www.ryeartscenter.org or over the phone (914) 967-0700.
How do I sign up for a private lesson?
- Call the Main Office (ext. 22) or Music Director (ext. 23) and let them know what days and times work best for your schedule. Also let us know if you have any instrument and/or teacher preferences. Certain teachers are here on specific days.
What days and times do you offer Music Lessons?
- Music Lessons are offered, once a week, Monday-Friday from 9am-7pm and Saturday from 9am-2pm.
- The Rye Arts Center follows the Rye City School District calendar with holidays and weather related closures. Please check our website for any updates.
How much are private, semi-private and piano/guitar pal lessons?
- All Music lessons start with a “Trial lesson” to ensure that the Teacher and Student are a good match. After the Trial lesson let the Main Office or Music Director know if you would like to continue with your instructor at your specified day and time.
Private Trial lesson: 30 minutes for $48.00
Semi- Private (two people) Trial lesson: 45 minutes for $67.50
Piano/Guitar Pals Trial lesson: 30 minutes for $49.00
What do I bring to a trial lesson?
- Please bring any music material you have previously worked on and your instrument. If you do not have an instrument we can provide one for the trial lesson.
What do I do if I want to continue taking Music lessons or if I don’t see a fit?
- If you would like to continue your music lesson for that day and time please let the Main Office and Music Director know and they will let you know about our Music School policies, seasonal rates and payment options.
- If you do not see a fit please let the Main Office and Music Director know so that they can either find you another instructor or so that they can make that day/time available for another student.
Where can I buy music materials?
- All RAC Music Students receive a Membership Card which allows them to receive discounts at the following stores:
Sam Ash Music Stores (Whites Plains www.samashmusic.com) 15% off music books and sheet music
Greenwich Music (Riverside www.greenwichmusic.com) 10% off music books and sheet music
A.I. Friedman (Port Chester www.aifriedman.com) 10% off purchases – excludes custom framing
Gallery 52 (Rye www.gallery52rye.com) 20% off custom framing
Can the instructor come to our home to teach?
- For insurance and safety purposes we do not send teachers to the home. All RAC Music lessons take place in The Rye Arts Center building.
Do I have to commit to a whole year?
- We recommend that students sign up for the school year (September – June) and the Summer (June – August)
- Students are welcome to sign up at any time throughout the year.
What is your cancelation policy?
- Our Music School policy asks that you give the RAC a three week’s notice if you need to withdraw completely or else you will receive a three lesson penalty.
- Day to day: As long as we receive a 24 hour notice about a Student being Absent they will receive a makeup lesson – there is a two lesson limit for makeups. The last 2 Weeks (End of the School Year and Summer Term) are designated as our “Makeup Weeks” if you can not meet during our Makeup Weeks we can coordinate with the teacher for another day and time to meet. Everyone will receive a makeup lesson for any weather related cancelations.
- Last minute or same day cancellations will NOT receive a makeup lesson.